Monday, February 11, 2008

registry #1

All I have to say is...top notch, Crate & Barrel. Top notch.

Sunday morning Jon and I woke up bright and early (for a Sunday) to go to Crate & Barrel to register. They have a brilliant idea...they open the store at 9am on select Sundays throughout the year specifically for people to register. We haven't registered anywhere else yet, but I am going to go out on a limb and assume having the store to yourself while doing this sort of thing is a huge plus. Not only was having the store to ourselves great, they also had mimosas, coffee and some breakfast treats for us when we got there. Then a salesperson gave us a short talk about the store, what people typically register for, etc. After that, we were off to scanning. C&B also do a great job pleasing their costumers while selling their products...they had salespeople making paninis with their panini maker. After sampling a panini, of course we put that baby on our registry...and somewhere the marketing execs at C&B patted themselved on the back. We also spotted another salesperson making waffles with their waffle makers, which we were not able to sample and also did not register for. If we did, we probably would have decided we needed to have it...because lets face it, we are an easy sell. They also had a knife expert on hand that helped us pick out some great knife sets. Jon was appointed scanner for this trip and he took advantage...scanning everything in sight...from a professional deep fryer to huge vases. Good times all around. Where will we put all this stuff once/if we get it...who knows? I wonder how we could put a house on our registry....

2 comments:

dria 8:23 PM  

Wow, C&B has come a long way in 6-odd years. That sounds so cool... I wish they had that when we got married. We didn't even have a Crate and Barrel in WI yet!!

Whitney 2:15 PM  

I would have loved to have been able to register at C&B. They didn't have their store at Mayfair up in time! Where else are you thinking you'll register?

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP